Full-time Elementary School Occupational Therapist Job near Elgin, IL
Full-time Occupational Therapist Job | Illinois OT Jobs
Are you a clinical OT looking for an exciting new opportunity? ProCare Therapy has teamed up with an excellent school district in the Schaumburg area looking for someone to join their team as an Elementary School Occupational Therapist for the upcoming school year.
- Full-time hours
- K-12 Caseload
- OT evaluates students through skilled professional observation, therapeutic handling, record review, and parent, student, and teacher interviews. OTs interprets assessment findings and appropriately communicates information to parents and school teams through written and oral means.
- The OT collaborates with the school team to develop Individualized Education Programs and Section 504 Plans to address the students’ unique needs using evidence based practices.
- Develops and implements individualized Occupational Therapy intervention strategies.
- Collaborates with student, school team members, parents, community agencies, administrators, and physicians regarding effective coordination of services.
- Collaborates with student, school team members, parents, community agencies, administrators, and physicians regarding transition from school to community, preparing student to function independently when outlined outcomes are achieved.
- Documents all OT services provided within a timely manner as outlined by the Office of Diverse Learner Supports and Services. Evaluates and documents student progress in accordance with the ILOTA as well as school district, State and Federal policies.
- Addresses personal care, student role, interaction skills, process skills, play, community integration/work, graphic communication, needs for assistive technology, accessibility, environmental accommodations as required to access their educational environment through collaboration and participation with school staff.
- Actively seeking chances for professional growth.
- Participates in educational opportunities for students of occupational therapy.
- Adheres to professional, ethical and legal standards of practice as defined by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Provides direct supervision of occupational therapy assistants in accordance with Illinois Occupational Therapy Practice Act
- Must have completed a baccalaureate or higher degree program in occupational therapy from an American Occupational Therapy Association-approved program.
- Appropriate State ESA certification is required and must be on file prior to beginning work.
- OT license is required and must be on file prior to beginning work.
Benefits and Pay:
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation
- Experience based
- 401k matching
How to apply:
• You can enter in your information and contact details below
• Send your resume to: [email protected]
• Or simply text me and connect at: (678) 748-5316
Either way, I hope to hear from you soon!
Director of Educational Resources
Recent OT Jobs
- Mono Vista, CA
- Bloomington, MN
- Lathrop, CA
- Corrales, NM
- Round Rock, TX
- Rio Rancho, NM
- Highland Park, IL
- Atlanta, GA
- Cohasset, MA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on OTjobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next occupational therapy job.