One of Soliant's established clients, located near Hoffman Estates, IL is accepting applications from Occupational Therapists.
This position will be 30 hours per week, and the therapist will be working with K-12 students. In addition schools or pediatrics experience, we seek candidates who bring up-to-date clinical know-how, work well with a team, and are excellent communicators.
As an Occupational Therapist, essential functions include:
- Educating teachers, classroom staff, parents and other care givers about occupational therapy.
- Developing and implementing an occupational therapy program for children with disabilities consistent with the Individual Education Plan (IEP) goals.
- Conducting occupational therapy assessments. Review assessment conclusions with parents and the education team.
- Providing direct service to children.
- Monitoring ongoing treatment records. Evaluate and report on children's progress.
- Advising, instructing and assisting education staff to implement occupational therapy plans.
- Supervising, training and evaluating certified occupational therapy assistants and paraeducators.
- Facilitating the procurement, modification and adjustment of adaptive equipment/assistive technology for occupational therapy services.
- Serving as a member of the education team to help address the needs of children.
In order to provide occupational therapy in Illinois schools, applicants would need to hold a professional license in Occupational Therapy.
Additional details about this position can be discussed during the interview process.
To jump-start your application, please send an updated resume to Monica Guu at email@example.com I welcome phone inquiries at (770) 723-3774