Calling on Occupational Therapists who are looking to move to the Bay Area! Soliant has partnered with a school in the area of Mountain View, CA to place a full-time Occupational Therapist this school year.
The client is a modestly sized school district, and is commutable from some of the prime hubs of Silicon Valley.
Details of the position below:
- 2018-2019 school year
- Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Work with middle and high school students
- Experience in school settings essential
As an Occupational Therapist, essential functions include:
- Educating teachers, classroom staff, parents and other care givers about occupational therapy.
- Developing and implementing an occupational therapy program for children with disabilities consistent with the Individual Education Plan (IEP)/Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) goals.
- Conducting occupational therapy assessments. Review assessment conclusions with parents and the education team.
- Providing direct service to children.
- Monitoring ongoing treatment records. Evaluate and report on children's progress.
- Advising, instructing and assisting education staff to implement occupational therapy plans.
- Supervising, training and evaluating certified occupational therapy assistants and paraeducators.
- Facilitating the procurement, modification and adjustment of adaptive equipment/assistive technology for occupational therapy services.
- Serving as a member of the education team to help address the needs of children.
In order to provide occupational therapy in California schools, applicants would need to hold a professional license in Occupational Therapy.Additional details about this position can be discussed during the interview process.
To jump-start your application, please send an updated resume to Monica Guu at firstname.lastname@example.org I welcome phone inquiries at (770) 723-3774