Occupational Therapist (OT) 23/24 Need in Freeport, New York
Soliant Health is looking for a school occupational therapist to work in an educational setting to assess, plan, and provide therapy services to students with disabilities or special needs. Their primary goal will be to help students develop the physical, sensory, motor, and self-regulation skills required for successful participation in school activities and daily life.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments to determine students' strengths and areas of need in areas such as fine motor skills, sensory processing, visual-motor integration, and self-care.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and other professionals to gather information and insights about the student's functional abilities.
- Develop Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) or 504 Plans in collaboration with the educational team to outline goals and objectives for each student.
- Provide one-on-one or small-group therapy sessions to address identified goals and objectives.
- Utilize various therapeutic techniques and exercises to improve fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, sensory processing, and other relevant areas.
- Incorporate assistive technology and adaptive equipment as needed to support students' functional abilities.
- Prepare progress reports and participate in Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings to discuss student progress and make necessary adjustments.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of therapy sessions, assessments, and progress reports.
- Master's degree or Doctorate in Occupational Therapy (OT).
- State licensure or certification as an occupational therapist.
- Experience working with children and adolescents, preferably in an educational setting.
- Knowledge of various disabilities and sensory processing disorders.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
-Must be eligible to work in the United States
If you are interested apply as soon as possible to be considered. Feel free to contact me with any questions regarding this position, or any other positions you see on the Soliant Health website.
Account Executive | Soliant Health
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent OT Jobs
- Medina, NY
- Village Of Pelham, NY
- Westbury, NY
- Valley Stream, NY
- Little Falls, NY
- West Hempstead, NY
- Lindenhurst, NY
- Oceanside, NY
- Freeport, NY
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on OTjobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next occupational therapy job.