OT: Full-Time Occupational Therapist Position needed in Henderson, NC for 2022/2023 School Year
OT: Occupational Therapist—Certified through AOTA—needed for a full-time position in Henderson, NC.
As one of the nation's largest healthcare staffing companies, we genuinely appreciate the opportunity to match highly qualified professionals in the positions that make a difference daily.
As a contract employee, you will be paid a competitive hourly rate that includes both direct and indirect services. Weekly hours each week are also guaranteed. More details about this opening are below.
Job Goal: The Occupational Therapist leads the process of development, implementation, and coordination of the occupational therapy program of the assigned school. Professional judgement and clinical knowledge are used to develop individualized programming based on occupational performance deficits in the areas of personal care, student role, interaction skills, process skills, play, community integration/work and graphic communication.
- Full time: 37.5hrs per week (excluding work breaks)
- Dates: 08/22/2022- 06/16/2023
- Caseload: Depending on workload model. This will include 15-20 hours of direct services per week with the remaining time reserved for evaluations, data collection, and report writing, etc.
- Requires a Master’s Level Degree in Occupational Therapy
- AOTA State Certification
- On-site ONLY
Job Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Assesses students using appropriate evaluation tools including standardized tests, clinical observations, and review of medical and educational reports to determine need for a therapy intervention plan.
- Develops and implements individualized therapy programs for qualifying students.
- Documents screenings, evaluations, Individual Education Plans, progress reports, classroom/home programs and other data, as required.
- Provides consultation with classroom teacher and other school staff regarding student’s optional function in the school environment.
- Provides classroom programs, instruction in management techniques, adapted equipment, and environmental modifications including the identification of architectural barriers.
- Consults with parents and/or guardians regarding students’ therapy programs.
- Adapts, fabricates, and maintains specialized equipment required for therapy services or student needs.
- Investigates and recommends types of equipment available to meet student needs, funding sources, and vendor options, including insurance forms and letters of justification.
- Provides in-service training to teachers and other school personnel, as needed, assists with education, orientation, and preparation of receiving school staffs and students regarding issues, concerns, and information about “inclusion” of exceptional children in regular school and classroom programs.
- Supervises occupational therapist assistants.
- Plans, orders, and maintains departmental supplies and equipment; maintains records as required.
- Maintains clinical and administrative records in accordance with state guidelines and school board policy.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Weekly competitive compensation (W-2)
- 401k matching
- Insurance offered: Health, Optical and Dental
If you or anyone you know is interested in this position, please contact Amiea Summers directly at (678)-392-4685. For immediate consideration, email your updated resume to [email protected]. All applicants will be contacted within 24 hours.
Recent OT Jobs
- Renton, WA
- Federal Way, WA
- Fillmore, CA
- Tallahassee, FL
- Albany, IN
- Portland, IN
- Rosemont, CA
- Roseville, CA
- Lake Oswego, OR
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on OTjobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next occupational therapy job.